Welcome visitor.

The apostle Peter wrote in his letter to Jewish believers in Jesus throughout the diaspora; “Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defence to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.” (I Peter 3:15) It is my hope that this Blog might become a place where you can come to find honest answers to honest and sincere questions. Questions that may challenge you and your present presuppositions, or perhaps that maybe concern or just perplex you in your individual pursuit of knowledge and understanding of the Truth.

Saturday, August 4, 2012


                     Brief introduction and background

My name is Alan McIntyre and I live with my wife Susan in Paphos, Cyprus. I am a retired Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service Fire Officer and I initially thought I would be able to enjoy a quiet and restful retirement on this beautiful warm and sunny island, just reading, studying and writing. But the last two years have just flown by, and we have been so very busy with all manner of things which we had not planned or anticipated.
I originally had aspirations that following my retirement I would have time to gather all my thoughts, my experiences and learning on various aspects of my Christian faith and put them down in a book. But despite writing and collecting volumes of source material and notes, I haven’t so far been able to assemble them together into what I would regard an acceptable form.
Consequently I have decided to try a different approach to this project, by embarking upon this personal Blog as a means to discipline my time, my writing and my thoughts on the various subjects I had wanted to originally incorporate in this ‘book’.  I thereby propose to allow the various ‘chapters’ to develop more naturally and personally, whilst hopefully also conveying an explanation of how I personally explore and live out my faith daily.           
I additionally hope to better understand how a Christian might become an effective witness to society, speaking clearly, logically and compassionately on some of the subjects that daily occupy the news media, but without ignoring or compromising the intrinsic and fundamental doctrines of the Bible, or conforming to the increasingly corrupt values and morals so evident in our society today.                         (Romans 12:2)
So I hope you will engage, encourage and challenge me in this endeavour, by interacting with me through this Blog, and see if the subjects I plan to explore and discuss have any relevancy to the wider public audience, whether you are a Christian or not. 

If you are interested in knowing a little more about me,  a more detailed personal testimony will follow.            See: Testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment