Welcome visitor.

The apostle Peter wrote in his letter to Jewish believers in Jesus throughout the diaspora; “Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defence to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.” (I Peter 3:15) It is my hope that this Blog might become a place where you can come to find honest answers to honest and sincere questions. Questions that may challenge you and your present presuppositions, or perhaps that maybe concern or just perplex you in your individual pursuit of knowledge and understanding of the Truth.

Saturday, August 4, 2012


Welcome to my blog; ‘Rest and be Strengthened’.

It is my hope and prayer that you will find this site interesting, stimulating and even challenging through the subject matters I propose to explore in the coming weeks and months. I hope to be able to engage the reader in a down to earth exploration of the Bible and the Judeo-Christian faith with respect to the challenges and questions that arise daily in society, as peoples contrasting worldviews battle for acceptance and dominance.

Should any particular views or opinions be silenced, or have we forgotten what it cost some of our ancestors to attain universal free speech?

I will sincerely seek to take account of and explain impartially the various presuppositions that are influential in the predominant worldviews of our western society, but ask for your understanding and polite contributions if you think that I have not fairly represented any position or argument.   
Consequently, whether you are agnostic, atheist or simply curious, then you are welcome to join me on a journey to see if there is really a meaning to our lives here on planet earth.                       

If you are a Bible believing Christian, then I hope you will find it a place where you can come to study the scriptures and rest and be strengthened in your faith.

In recalling what the Apostle Peter wrote in his letter to Jewish believers in Jesus throughout the diaspora; “Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defence to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.”  (I Peter 3:15)  it is my hope that this Blog might become a place where you can come to find honest answers to honest and sincere questions. Questions that may challenge you and your present presuppositions, or perhaps that maybe concern or just perplex you in your individual pursuit of knowledge and understanding of the Truth.

Please be patient with me during my first few months as I seek a better understanding and knowledge of computer technology and the world-wide web… I may sometimes be Blogging by faith as opposed to sight!

Alan.

No comments:

Post a Comment